This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Endodontic therapy has provided veterinary dentistry with the ability to retain teeth that just a few years ago would have been extracted without hesitation. When the endodontic treatment of the tooth has been completed, however, questions often arise as to how to restore it to protect the tooth structure that remains. The purpose of restoring tooth structure with prosthetic material is to return normal function to the dentition, to prevent further breakdown of remaining tooth structure, and to create a proper appearance and restore occlusal function.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The secrets of good post-core design.Parkell Today, January1992: 18
- Dimensions of the dentagingival junction in humans.J Periodont. 1961; 32: 261-267
- Functional and esthetic crowns for dogs and cats.Vet Med Rep. 1990; : 409-420
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor1976: 1-83 Impact resistance of post and cores [master thesis].
- Construction of detached core crowns for pulpless teeth on only two sittings.J Am Dent Assoc. 1968; 1977: 843
- Pins, dowels, and other retentive devices in posterior teeth.Dent Clin North Am. 1993; 37: 367-388
- Margin configuration, die spacers, fittings of retainers/crowns, and soldering.Dent Clin North Am. 1992; 36: 743-748
- Periodontal and restorative considerations for crown lengthening.Quintessence International. 1985; 16: 833-836
- Root dimensions and dowel size.California Dental Association lournal. 1982; 28: 43-99
- The endodontically treated tooth.Dent Clin North Am. 1984; 28: 940
© 1998 W.B. Saunders Company. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.