Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
McAllister M. Feline and canine diabetes prevalence in the USA. Banfield State of Pet Helath, 2020, Available at: https://www.banfield.com/state-of-pet-health, Accessed June 3, 2022.
- Extreme Beta-Cell Deficiency in Pancreata of Dogs with Canine Diabetes.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0129809
- Loss of sympathetic innervation to islets of Langerhans in canine diabetes and pancreatitis is not associated with insulitis.Sci Rep. 2020; 10
- Synthetic Insulin Analogs and Their Use in Dogs and Cats.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2010; 40
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of protamine zinc recombinant human insulin in healthy dogs.J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2012; 35: 342-350
- Pharmacokinetics of a porcine insulin zinc suspension in diabetic dogs.J Small Anim Pract. 1997; 38: 434-438
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of porcine insulin zinc suspension in eight diabetic dogs.Vet Rec. 2009; 164: 232-237
- Beyond the era of NPH insulin--long-acting insulin analogs: chemistry, comparative pharmacology, and clinical application.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2008; 10: 333-349
- The mechanism of protraction of insulin detemir, a long-acting, acylated analog of human insulin.Pharm Res (N Y). 2004; 21: 1498-1504
- Lower within-subject variability of insulin detemir in comparison to NPH insulin and insulin glargine in people with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes. 2004; 53: 1614-1620
- Day-to-Day Variability of Porcine Lente, Insulin Glargine 300 U/mL and Insulin Degludec in Diabetic Dogs.J Vet Intern Med. 2021; 35: 2131-2139
- Day-to-day variability of serial blood glucose curves in diabetic dogs treated with twice daily NPH or insulin detemir.J Vet Intern Med. 2015; 29: 1173
- Evaluation of day-to-day variability of serial blood glucose concentration curves in diabetic dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2003; 222: 317-321
- Field efficacy and safety of protamine zinc recombinant human insulin in 276 dogs with diabetes mellitus.Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2020; 75: 106575
- Efficacy of protamine zinc recombinant human insulin for controlling hyperglycemia in dogs with diabetes mellitus.J Vet Intern Med. 2012; 26: 109-115
- Once-daily insulin glargine 300 U/ml for the treatment of canine diabetes mellitus [Abstract].J Vet Intern Med. 2022; 36: 2277
- Time-action profiles of insulin degludec in healthy dogs and its effects on glycemic control in diabetic dogs.J Vet Med Sci. 2018; 80: 1720-1723
- An investigation of the action of Neutral Protamine Hagedorn human analogue insulin in dogs with naturally occurring diabetes mellitus.J Vet Intern Med. 2009; 23: 50-55
- Efficacy and safety of a purified porcine insulin zinc suspension for managing diabetes mellitus in dogs.J Vet Intern Med. 2005; 19: 675-682
- Comparison of time-action profiles of insulin glargine and NPH insulin in normal and diabetic dogs.Vet Res Commun. 2008; 32: 563-573
- Time-action profiles of insulin detemir in normal and diabetic dogs.Res Vet Sci. 2011; 90: 396-403
- Detemir insulin for the treatment of diabetes mellitus in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2015; 247: 73-78
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of insulin detemir and insulin glargine 300 U/mL in healthy dogs.Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2018, 17-30; 64