Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
- Abnormalities in pregnancy, parturition, and the periparturient period.in: Ettinger S. Feldman E. Textbook of veterinary internal medicine. 4th edition. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia1995: 1614-1624
Davidson AP. Postpartum disorders in the bitch and queen. 81st Western Veterinary Conference held at Las Vegas (NV), February 15–19, 2009. Available at: https://www.vin.com/doc/?id=3985422. Accessed April 24, 2017.
- Periparturient disorders in the bitch.in: Kersey R. LeMelledo D. Canine and feline theriogenology. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia2001: 129-145
Concannon PW. Understanding and monitoring canine pregnancy. Paper presented at the 30th World Congress of the World Small Animal Veterinary Association. Mexico City, Mexico, May 11–14, 2005.
- Control of mammary gland function in the bitch and queen: a review.Clin Theriogenology. 2012; 4: 196-205
- Pharmacologic advances in canine and feline reproduction.Top Companion Anim Med. 2009; 24: 71-99
- The mammary gland.in: Simpson G. England G.C.W. Harvey M. BSAVA manual of small animal reproduction and neonatology. British Small Animal Veterinary Association, Cheltenham (United Kingdom)1998: 53-59
Traas A, O’Connor C. Postpartum emergencies. Paper presented at the International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Symposium. Chicago (IL): September 9–13, 2009.
- Reproductive physiology of canine pregnancy and parturition and conditions of the periparturient period.in: Lopate C. Management of pregnant and neonatal dogs, cats, and exotic pets. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2012: 25-41
- Disorders of the canine mammary gland.in: Morrow D.A. Current therapy in theriogenology: diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of reproductive diseases in small and large animals. 2nd edition. Saunders, Philadelphia1986: 506-509
- Agalactia.in: VIN Canine Associate: VIN, 2014 (Available at: https://www.vin.com/Members/Associate/Associate.plx?DiseaseId=555. Accessed April 1, 2018)
- Plumb's veterinary drug handbook.8th edition. Wiley Blackwell, Stockholm (WI)2015
- Nutritional supplements for pregnant and lactating bitches.Theriogenology. 2008; 70: 393-396
- Pregnancy management in the bitch.Theriogenology. 2008; 70: 1412-1417
- Look sharp! acupuncture in canine reproduction.Clin Theriogenology. 2017; 9: 267-276
- History and physical examination of the neonate.in: Peterson M.E. Kutzler M.A. Small animal pediatrics: the first 12 months of life. 1st edition. Saunders/Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2011: 20-27
- Use of adult dog serum as a substitute for colostrum in the neonatal dog.Am J Vet Res. 1991; 52: 1221-1224
- New concepts in pediatric nutrition.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2001; 31: 369-392
- Natural and artificial hyperimmune solutions: impact on health in puppies.Reprod Domest Anim. 2017; 52: 163-169
- Neonatal and pediatric care of the puppy and kitten.Theriogenology. 2008; 70: 384-392
- Timing of the intestinal barrier closure in puppies.Reprod Domest Anim. 2012; 47: 190-193
- Factors affecting antibody transfer in the newborn puppy.Am J Physiol. 1966; 210: 419-422
- Absorption of an alternate source of immunoglobulin in pups.Am J Vet Res. 1992; 53: 230-233
- Canine neonatal physiology, behavior, and socialization.in: Lopate C. Management of pregnant and neonatal dogs, cats, and exotic pets. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2012: 93-127
- Neonatal and pediatric care.in: Cann C.C. Canine reproduction and neonatology: a practical guide for veterinarians, veterinary staff, and breeders. Teton NewMedia, Jackson (WY)2015: 140-215
- Diseases of the mammary glands.in: Morgan R. Handbook of small animal practice. 5th edition. Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2008: 593-602
- Periparturient diseases.in: Feldman E. Nelson R.W. Canine and feline endocrinology and reproduction. 3rd edition. W.B. Saunders, St Louis (MO)2004: 808-834
- Cytologic evaluation of canine milk.Vet Medicine Small Anim Clinician. 1984; : 641-646
- Reproductive behavior of small animals.Theriogenology. 2005; 64: 734-746
- Managing the immediate postpartum period in the bitch.in: Cann C.C. Canine reproduction and neonatology: a practical guide for veterinarians, veterinary staff, and breeders. Teton NewMedia, Jackson (WY)2015: 128-138
- Mammary disorders. The practical veterinarian small animal theriogenology.Butterworth-Heinemann, St Louis (MO)2003: 421-446
- Mastitis caused by Mycobacterium kansasii infection in a dog.Vet Clin Pathol. 2013; 42: 377-381
- Platelet abnormalities in a dog suffering from gangrenous mastitis by Staphylococcus aureus infection.J Vet Med Sci. 1993; 55: 169-171
- Perinatal mortality in dogs. Clinical, bacteriological and pathological studies.Tierarztl Prax. 1990; 18 ([in German]): 415-419
- Effects of drugs on pregnancy.in: Kirk R. Current veterinary therapy X. Small animal practice. WB Saunders, 1989: 1291-1299
- Reproductive emergencies.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2005; 35 (vii): 397-420
Plumb DC. Drugs in neonates: principles and guesses. Paper presented at the SFT Annual Conference & SFT/ACT Symposia. Lexington, Kentucky, August 4–7, 2004.
- Pain management for the pregnant, lactating, and neonatal to pediatric cat and dog.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2008; 38 (vi-vii): 1291-1308
Davis M, IBCLC. The cabbage cure. Paper presented at the Therio Conference, Canine Seminar and Wet Lab. Asheville, NC, 2016.
- Emergencies of the female reproductive tract.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1994; 24: 1173-1188
- The use and misuse of vaginal cultures in diagnosing reproductive diseases in the bitch.in: Morrow D. Current therapy in theriogenology. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1986: 469-475
- Postpartum and mammary disorders.in: Nelson R.W. Couto G.C. Small animal internal medicine. 5th edition. Mosby/Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2009: 944-949
- Postpartum diseases.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1986; 16: 521-524
- British small animal veterinary association. Parturition.in: Simpson G. BSAVA manual of small animal reproduction and neonatology. British Small Animal Veterinary Association, Cheltenham (United Kingdom)1998: 127-142
- Ultrasound imaging of the reproductive tract of the bitch.in: Concannon P.W. England G. Verstegen III, J. Recent advances in small animal reproduction. International Veterinary Information Service, Ithaca (NY)2003 (Document No. A1203.0703. Available at:)Accessed April 1, 2018)
- Reproductive ultrasound of the bitch and queen.Top Companion Anim Med. 2009; 24: 55-63
- Theriogenology question of the month. Acute metritis secondary to retained fetal membranes and a retained nonviable fetus.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2004; 224: 844-847
- Effect of prostaglandin F2alpha-THAM in the bitch.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1977; 170: 536-537
- Mucometra, cystic endometrial hyperplasia, and pyometra in the bitch: advances in treatment and assessment of future reproductive success.Theriogenology. 2008; 70: 364-374
- Prostaglandin therapeutics in the bitch and queen.Aust Vet J. 1984; 61: 317-319
Freshman J. Pyometra and beyond: presentation and treatment of uterine infection in the bitch. Paper presented at the ACVIM Forum Proceedings. Dallas (TX), May 29-June 1, 2002.
Davidson A. Update: therapeutics for reproductive disorders in small animal practice. Paper presented at the ACVIM Forum Proceedings. Minneapolis (MN), June 9–12, 2004.
- Reproductive causes of hypocalcemia.Top Companion Anim Med. 2012; 27: 165-166
- Eclampsia in the bitch.J Small Anim Pract. 1976; 17: 793-798
- Eclampsia in dogs: 31 cases (1995-1998).J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2000; 217: 216-219
- Obstetrical emergencies.Clin Tech Small Anim Pract. 2000; 15: 88-93
- Postparturient problems in the dog and cat. Handbook of veterinary obstetrics.2nd edition. Saunders, New York2004: 233-237
- Serum electrolyte concentrations in bitches with eclampsia.Vet Rec. 1999; 145: 318-320
- Electrolyte imbalances.in: Nelson R. Couto G. Small animal internal medicine. 5th edition. Mosby/Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2009: 864-883
Olson P. Periparturient diseases of the bitch. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the Society for Theriogenology, September 16–17, 1988. p. 19–35.
The author has nothing to disclose.