Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals. Hip Dysplasia Statistics. Available at: http://www.offa.org/stats_hip.html. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- Prevalence of inherited disorders among mixed-breed and purebred dogs: 27,254 cases (1995-2010).J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2013; 242: 1549-1555
- Monitoring hip and elbow dysplasia achieved modest genetic improvement of 74 dog breeds over 40 years in USA.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e76390
- The effect of radiological hip dysplasia and breed on survival in a prospective cohort study of four large dog breeds followed over a 10 year period.Vet J. 2012; 193: 206-211
- Distraction index as a risk factor for osteoarthritis associated with hip dysplasia in four large dog breeds.J Small Anim Pract. 2010; 51: 264-269
- Retrospective analysis for genetic improvement of hip joints of cohort Labrador retrievers in the United States: 1970-2007.PLoS One. 2010; 5: e9410
- Prevalence of and risk factors for hip dysplasia and cranial cruciate ligament deficiency in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008; 232: 1818-1824
- Neutering dogs: effects on joint disorders and cancers in golden retrievers.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e55937
- Incidence, risk factors, and heritability estimates of hind limb lameness caused by hip dysplasia in a birth cohort of boxers.Am J Vet Res. 2005; 66: 307-312
- Long-term risks and benefits of early-age gonadectomy in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2004; 224: 380-387
- Hip dysplasia.in: Newton C.D. Nunamaker D.M. Textbook of small animal orthopedics. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia1985: 953-980
- Disabling conditions of the coxofemoral joint.in: Olmstead M.L. Small animal orthopedics. Mosby, St Louis (MO)1995: 361-393
- The hip joint.in: Piermattei D.L. Flo G.L. DeCamp C.E. Brinker, Piermattei, and Flo’s handbook of small animal orthopedics and fracture repair. 4th edition. Saunders Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2006: 416-511
- Hip.in: Bojrab M.J. Current techniques in small animal surgery. 4th edition. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore (MD)1998: 1127-1185
- Early diagnosis and treatment of congenital dislocation of the hip.Proc R Soc Med. 1963; 56: 804-806
- Congenital hip dysplasia in the light of early and very early diagnosis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1976; 119: 6-10
- New observations on the diagnosis and cause of hip dysplasia.Vet Med Small Anim Clin. 1968; 63: 238-245
- Coxofemoral joint laxity and the Ortolani sign.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 1985; 21: 671-676
- Relationships between results of the Ortolani method of hip joint palpation and distraction index, Norberg angle, and hip score in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1999; 214: 497-501
- Hip dysplasia in Estrela mountain dogs: prevalence and genetic trends 1991-2005.Vet J. 2009; 182: 275-282
- Palpation and dorsal acetabular rim radiographic projection for early detection of canine hip dysplasia: a prospective study.Vet Surg. 2012; 41: 42-53
- Assessment of the hip reduction angle for predicting osteoarthritis of the hip in the Labrador retriever.Aust Vet J. 2007; 85: 212-216
- Early detection of canine hip dysplasia: comparison of two palpation and five radiographic methods.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 1998; 34: 339-347
The author has nothing to disclose.