Purchase one-time access:PDF Download and 24 Hours Online Access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
Association for Pet Obesity Prevention. Available at: www.PetObesityPrevention.org. Accessed January 27, 2016.
- Prevalence and risk factors for obesity in adult cats from private US veterinary practices.Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2005; 3: 88-96
- Obesity: epidemiology, pathophysiology and management of the obese dog.in: Pibot P. Biourge V. Elliot D. Encyclopedia of canine clinical nutrition. Royal Canin, Aimargues (France)2006: 11-16
- 2014 AAHA weight management guidelines for dogs and cats.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2014; 50: 1-11
- Prevalence and risk factors of obesity in an urban population of healthy cats.J Feline Med Surg. 2009; 11: 135-140
- Effect of diet restriction on life span and age related changes in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2002; 220: 1315-1320
- Workforce needs in veterinary medicine.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2013: 99-101
- Veterinary practice management.1st edition. Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International, Wallingford, Oxfordshire (United Kingdom)2013: 63-66
Trone Brand Energy/Association for Pet obesity prevention proprietary research. Reprinted by permission. 2014.
Strategies to Overcome and Prevent Obesity Alliance. Why weight? A guide to discussing obesity and health with your patients. Available at: http://www.stopobesityalliance.org/wp-content/themes/stopobesityalliance/pdfs/STOP-Provider-Discussion-Tool.pdf. Accessed January 27, 2016.
World Small Animal Veterinary Association. Nutritional assessment guidelines. 2011. Available at: http://www.petnutritionalliance.org/pdfs/pna-nutritionalassessment.pdf. Accessed January 27, 2016.
- Increase the success of weight loss programs by creating an environment for change.Compend Contin Educ Vet. 2010; 32: E1
- The transtheoretical model of behavior change.in: Shumaker S.A. Ockene J.K. Riekert K.A. The handbook of health behavior change. 3rd edition. Springer, New York2009: 59-84
- Contemporary issues in clinical nutrition.in: Buffington C.A. Holloway C. Abood S.K. Manual of veterinary dietetics. Saunders, St Louis (MO)2004: 143-162
- Using a diet history to improve adherence to dietary recommendations.Compend Contin Educ Vet. 2009; 31: 22-24
- AAHA nutritional assessment guidelines for dogs and cats.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2010; 46: 285-296
- Treating an overweight patient with hip pain.Clin Brief. 2010; 8: 63-65
- Client-veterinarian communication: skills for client centered dialogue and shared decision making.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2007; 37: 37-47
- U.S. pet ownership and demographics sourcebook (2012).American Veterinary Medical Association, Schaumburg (IL)2012
- Difficult interactions with veterinary clients: working in the challenge zone.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2007; 37: 65-77
- Writing, speaking, and communication skills for health professionals.Yale University Press, New Haven (CT)2001: 249-279
- Power talk: the art of effective communication.Step Wise Press, 1999
- The definitive book of Body Language.Bantam Books, New York City2006
Dr J. Churchill serves on the Nestle Purina Advisory Council. Dr E. Ward has nothing to disclose.