Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
- Man and dog. The psychology of a relationship.Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford (United Kingdom)1988
- The modern working dog—a call for interdisciplinary collaboration.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2002; 221: 352-355
- Anthropomorphism and anthropomorphic selection beyond the “cute response”.Soc Anim. 2002; 10: 437-454
- Behavioral reasons for relinquishment of dogs and cats to 12 shelters.J Appl Anim Welfare Sci. 2000; 3: 93-106
- Shelter relinquishment: characteristics of shelter-relinquished animals and their owners compared with animals and their owners in U.S. pet-owning households.J Appl Anim Welfare Sci. 2000; 3: 179-201
- Persistence of puppy behaviors and signs of anxiety during adulthood.J Vet Behav. 2011; 6: 92
- Demographic and aggressive characteristics of dogs in a general veterinary caseload.Appl Anim Behav Sci. 2001; 74: 15-28
- Risk factors for dog bites to owners in a general veterinary caseload.Appl Anim Behav Sci. 2001; 74: 29-42
- A case series of biting dogs: characteristics of the dogs, their behavior, and their victims.Appl Anim Behav Sci. 2001; 74: 43-57
- Survey of the use and outcome of confrontational and nonconfrontational training methods in client-owned dogs showing undesirable behaviors.Appl Anim Behav Sci. 2009; 117: 47-54
Mariotti VM, Amat M, Ruiz De La Torre JL, et al. Management and environmental influences on owner-directed aggression in dogs. In: Proceedings of the 2009 American College of Veterinary Behaviorists—American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior Meeting. Seattle (WA): 2009. p. 11–5.
- Stress and the gut: pathophysiology, clinical consequences, diagnostic approach and treatment options.J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011; 62: 591-599
- AAFP pens behavior guidelines for DVMs, staff, clients.DVM Magazine. 2005; (Available at:)
AP poll. 2011. Available at: http://ap-gfkpoll.com/uncategorized/ap-petside-com-poll-8-in-10-pet-owners-visited-vet-in-last-year. Accessed date 3 February, 2014.
- Impact of the owner-pet and client-veterinarian bond on the care that pets receive.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008; 232: 531-540
- AAHA canine life stages guidelines.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2012; 48: 1-11
- AAFP-AAHA: feline life stage guidelines.J Feline Med Surg. 2010; 12: 43-54
- Effect of gonadectomy on subsequent development of age-related cognitive impairment in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2001; 219: 51-56
- Under diagnosis of canine cognitive dysfunction; a cross-sectional survey of older companion dogs.Vet J. 2010; 184: 277-281
- Cognitive dysfunction and the neurobiology of ageing in cats.J Small Anim Pract. 2007; 48: 546-553
- Long term treatment with antioxidants and a program of behavioural enrichment reduces age-dependent impairment in discrimination and reversal learning in beagle dogs.Exp Gerontol. 2004; 39: 753-765
Conflict of Interest: Book and online course published through Sunshine Books/Karen Pryor Academy (K.M. Martin). Book and online course published through Sunshine Books/Karen Pryor Academy. Independent contractor for Karen Pryor Academy for teaching their dog trainer professional program (D. Martin). Independent contractor for Karen Pryor Academy for teaching their dog trainer professional program. Editor and writer for Vetstreet.com (J.K. Shaw).