Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
- Periodontal disease and calcium deficiency—an experimental study in the dog.Acta Odontol Scand. 1968; 26: 1-132
- Effect of nutritional hyper-parathyroidism on experimental periodontitis in the dog.Scand J Dent Res. 1973; 81: 155-162
- Plaque induced periodontal disease in beagle dogs. A 4-year clinical, roentgenographical and histometrical study.J Periodontal Res. 1975; 10: 243-255
- The crystalline components of dental calculi: human vs. dog.J Dent Res. 1979; 58: 2371-2377
- Effects of glucose and urea on dental deposit pH in dogs.J Dent Res. 1972; 51: 1610-1613
- Subgingival bacteria—comparison of culture results in dogs and cats with gingivitis.J Vet Dent. 1995; 12: 147-150
- The structure of sub-gingival plaque in a beagle dog.J Periodontal Res. 1974; 9: 333-341
- Detection of pathogen-related oral spirochetes, Treponema denticola, and Treponema socranskii in dental plaque from dogs.J Vet Dent. 1996; 13: 135-138
- Porphyromonas gulae sp. nov., an anaerobic, gram-negative coccobacillus from the gingival sulcus of various animal hosts.Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2001; 51: 1179-1189
- Phylogenetic analysis of members of the genus Porphyromonas and description of Porphyromonas cangingivalis sp. nov. and Porphyromonas cansulci sp. nov.Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1994; 44: 674-679
Ito R, Ishihara K, Nakayama K, et al. The mechanism of coaggregation between Porphyromonas gingivalis and Treponema denticola [abstract 3638]. In: Proceedings of the International Association of Dental Research. Honolulu, HI, March 2004.
Hamada N, Kumada H, Hiyama T, et al. Purification and characterization of fimbriae from Porphyromonas gulae ATCC 51700 [abstract 3636]. In: Proceedings of the International Association of Dental Research. Honolulu, HI, March 2004.
- Effect of mechanical plaque control on development of subgingival plaque and initial gingivitis in neutropenic dogs.Scand J Dent Res. 1979; 87: 279-287
- Recovery and clearance of oral micro-organisms following experimental bacteremia in dogs.Arch Oral Biol. 1975; 20: 675-679
- Association of periodontal disease and histologic lesions in multiple organs from 45 dogs.J Vet Dent. 1996; 13: 57-60
- Local effect of diet on plaque formation and development of gingivitis in dogs.Odontol Rev. 1965; 16: 31-41
- Effect of chewing rawhide and cereal biscuit on removal of dental calculus in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1990; 197: 213-219
- Der Einfluss von Kollagen-sticks auf die Plaqueakkumulation bein hund.Kleinterprax. 1983; 28: 315-319
- Long-term effect of chlorhexidine on developing gingivitis in the beagle dog.J Periodontal Res. 1973; 8: 63-70
- Effects of chlorhexidine and four antimicrobial compounds on plaque, gingivitis and staining in beagle dogs.J Dent Res. 1982; 61: 1089-1093
- The effect of chlorhexidine gel on tooth deposits in beagle dogs.J Small Anim Pract. 1972; 13: 207-212
- Overview of clinical trials using sodium hexametaphosphate for prevention of dental calculus.Proc Vet Dent Forum. 2004; 18: 272-276
- The effect of systemic antimicrobial therapy on plaque and gingivitis in dogs.J Periodontal Res. 1979; 14: 65-75
- Systemic antimicrobials in the treatment of periodontitis in dogs.Semin Vet Med Surg. 1993; 8: 197-203
- Efficacy of companion animal Porphyromonas spp. vaccines in the mouse model of periodontal disease.Proc Vet Dent Forum. 2004; 18: 267-268
- Flurbiprofen treatment of periodontal disease in beagles.J Periodontal Res. 1986; 21: 624-633
- Inhibitory effects of YM175, a bisphosphonate, on the progression of experimental periodontitis in beagle dogs.J Periodontal Res. 1998; 33: 196-204
- Veterinary dental techniques.3rd edition. WB Saunders, Philadelphia2004