- Wiepkema P.R.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice
- Lawrence A.B. Rushen J. Stereotypic animal behavior. CAB International, Oxon1993
- Abnormal behaviours in farm animals: ethological implications.Neth J Zool. 1985; 35: 279-299
- Animal behavior. 2nd edition. McGraw Hill, New York1970 (p. 396–421)
- Behavioral responses to stress in farm animals.in: Wiepkema P.R. van Adrichem P.W.M. Biology of stress in farm animals: an integrative approach. Seminar in the CEC programme of coordination of research on animal welfare, Oosterbeek, Netherlands, April 17–18, 1986. Martinus Nijhoff, Boston1987: 135-150
- Stereotypic and obsessive-compulsive disorders in dogs and cats.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1991; 21: 401-413
- Canine acral lick dermatitis: response to the antiobsessional drug clomipramine.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 1990; 27: 179-182
- Recognition, diagnosis and management of obsessive-compulsive disorders.Canine Pract. 1992; 17: 40-44
- Compulsive disorder in dogs.in: Voith V.L. Borchelt P.L. Readings in companion animal behavior. Veterinary Learning Systems, Trenton1996: 153-158
- Symptom structure in obsessive compulsive disorder: a confirmatory analytic study.Behav Res Ther. 1999; 37: 297-311
- Diagnostic issues and epidemiology in obsessive-compulsive disorder.in: Swinson P.R. Anthony M.M. Rachman S. Richter M.A. Obsessive compulsive disorder. Theory, research and treatment. The Guilford Press, London1998: 3-32
- Cognitive and behavioral features of obsessive-compulsive disorder.in: Swinson P.R. Anthony M.M. Rachman S. Richter M.A. Obsessive compulsive disorder. Theory, research and treatment. The Guilford Press, London1997: 51-78
- Clomipramine in dogs: pharmacokinetics, neurochemical effects, and efficacy in compulsive disorder [PhD thesis]. Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph1998
- Compulsive tail chasing in the dog: a mini-review.Ir Vet J. 2000; 53: 261-264
- Changes in naloxone and haloperidol effects during the development of captivity induced jumping stereotypy in bank voles.J Pharmacol. 1988; 153: 19-24
- Efficacy of clomipramine in the treatment of canine compulsive disorder: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind clinical trial.JAVMA. 1998; 213: 1760-1766
- Microdialysis study of the caudate nucleus of stereotyping and non-stereotyping bank voles.in: Proceedings of the 29th International Congress of the International Society of Applied Ethology. Potters Bar. Universities Federation for Animal Welfare, England1995: 245
- Description and development of compulsive tail chasing in terriers and response to clomipramine treatment.JAVMA. 1998; 212: 1252-1257
- Neurobiological basis of stereotypies.in: Lawrence A.B. Rushen J. Stereotypic animal behavior: fundamentals and applications to welfare. CAB International, Wallingford1993: 119-145
- Neurological history and examination.in: Handbook of veterinary neurology. 2nd edition. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1993: 9-10
- Behavioral changes associated with suspected complex partial seizures in Bull Terriers.JAVMA. 1996; 208: 688-691
- Use of narcotic antagonists to modify stereotypic self-licking, self-chewing and scratching behavior in dogs.JAVMA. 1988; 193: 815-819
- The pathophysiological basis of behavior problems.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1991; 21: 207-224
- Drug treatment of canine acral lick: an animal model of obsessive compulsive disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992; 49: 517-521
- Pharmacokinetics of morphine and its surrogates.J Pharm Sci. 1985; 74: 50-56
Luescher AU. Factors affecting the outcome of behavioral treatment. Presented at the 134th Meeting of the American Animal Hospital Association, San Diego, CA, July, 1997.